Monday 20 February 2012

What's in my handbag?

Whenever someone holds my bag they always ask what I have in it as it is so heavy.  I don't think that it's that heavy, but I do carry quite a lot with me as you never know what you might need.  That and the fact that I can never be bothered to have a good clear out.
Well, today was the day when I thought enough was enough and finally I would have a look at what I have been carrying around with me for so long.
So here it is...my handbag and it's contents!

Before people judge me for having a Louis Vuitton, I want to state that I do not have lots of designer things, in fact I had wanted a LV bag for a long time and this was a first year anniversary present from my husband.  I love this bag so much and it is my pride and joy.  It is a Speedy 30 (in Monogram Canvas) which is the perfect size for me, I found the next size up to be too big, especially to use on a daily basis, whilst this one is just the right size for everything I want to have with me.

 The following picture is an overview of the contents of my bag and as you can see I carry an awful lot of "stuff" around with me on a daily basis.  Before you see inside, let me just say that this was not planned and the contents below is a true reflection of what's in my bag - I did not remove or add any items  - what would be the point! 

 So this is what I'm currently carrying around with me - a tad too much I think - but if it fits, then why not!  Let's have a closer look.  I've broken the contents up so you can see the contents in more depth.
  

  • Hall Soothers Throat Sweets in Cherry flavour (not my favourite but I had a sore throat recently and I was desperate), plus a wrapper
  • Car key
  • 10p in change - not sure why this was loose in my bag
  • Freedent chewing gum - only one left
  • House keys - also has a mini torch and a Disney key ring
  • iPhone 3GS (looking rather dirty) and phone case
  • Dior mirror (inside pouch)
  • Weight Watchers Gold Membership card

  • Mac Makeup bag (Graphic Garden collection, bought in San Francisco) - contents to be shown in a future post
  • Kleenex Balm tissues - my favourite as they don't hurt your nose
  • Old shopping list
  • Receipt
  • One of Olivia's toy rattles - just in case she wants to play
  • Muslin cloth - for those sick moments
  • Sainsburys coupon
  • Hair clip
  • Mac zip purse  (Graphic Garden collection) - contents in a picture below

  • Curtain hooks - we're putting up blackout curtains in Olivia's room
  • Olivia's booties - they never stay on her feet
  • Weight Watchers Eat Out guide - so I can try and keep to my diet if I eat out
  • Louis Vuitton purse - Zippy Wallet in Monogram Canvas
  • Receipt - JoJo Maman Bebe
  • Compact hairbrush/mirror
  • Glasses & case
  • Little Brown Bag zip purse - contents below

  • 3 pens - don't know why
  • Weight Watchers Strawberry Hearts and Mint Humbugs (2 points for the whole box)
  • Antiseptic throat spray - I've had a sore throat
  • Glasses - cheap pair from Accessorize
  • Weight Watchers points calculator
  • Prescription ticket
  • Mini Nivea deodorant
  • Contains car key for our other car and loyalty cards for Tesco and Sainsburys
  • Keys for my parents house
  • 2 pairs of spare contact lenses
  • Saline drops
  • Kirby grips
  • Hair clips
The picture below shows the layout inside my Louis Vuitton Zippy purse (this was a birthday present from Phil).  I love this purse as it can hold so much.  It can hold 12 cards although I tend to double mine up in places.  It has an additional sections behind these on both side as well as a zipped compartment for coins in the middle and another section where you can put notes.  It can also hold my iPhone, so you can use the purse as a clutch on nights out - which is one of the reasons why I wanted this one.  It has the same Monogram Canvas pattern to match my bag.
So that is the contents of my bag.  Like I have already mentioned, nothing was added or removed so this is a true reflection of what I carry around with me on a daily basis.  There is a lot of items I know, but I always like to be prepared just in case I might need something.  I would like to reduce the amount of things I carry, especially as Olivia is getting heavier to carry, this bag isn't really ideal.  But I see this bag as an investment and something that I will have for a very long time.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you - that's really sweet of you. I really like the pictures you take on your blog. What camera do you use? I'm now a follower. x

    ReplyDelete