Tuesday 7 February 2012

WW Update - Week 4

Last night I braved the cold (and the remaining icy snow) and went along to Weight Watchers to be weighed.  As I hadn't been the previous week (scared about what I might have weighed) I was a little nervous, but then again I am every time I'm weighed.

On to those scales I popped and I stood there for what seems like ages until I finally looked down and the leader said "Well done, you've lost 2 1/2 lbs".  To say I was a little disappointed would be an understatement.  I don't know why, because that is just over the average amount that you should aim to lose each week, but I couldn't help feeling sad that it wasn't more.  I had been really good this week (especially as I hadn't been the week before) and I thought I had lost more than that - perhaps just 1 lb more!  I guess I am just impatient about getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight, which is what most women experience I guess.  I just have to realise that it took 9 months to put the weight on and unfortunately it's going to take a little while for it to come off.  It's just hard when all the women around me seem to be thinner, but as my hubby says "it's not like you just got fat, you had a baby".  I suppose he's right, I just wish it could happen a little quicker.

One thing that always makes me feel more positive about loosing weight is the real life stories that can be found in the Weight Watchers magazine.  This months new edition was at the meeting last night and cost only £1.90 compared to the usual £2.75 - bargain!  I also like that it features lots of different recipes to try, although how some people find the time to cook some of them I'll never know.  But perhaps as Olivia gets older I will find more time as she'll be able to play more independently.


Also at the meeting was a brand new snack bar that I hadn't seen before.  They had some to sample and oh no, they were yummy!  The Rich Toffee Chocolate bars are still hands down by favourite but I think these new Chocolate Peanut Dream bars are a close second.  I haven't had a whole one just yet but the sample I tried did taste quite rich.  Obviously if you are allergic to peanuts or just don't like them, then this wouldn't be for you but I happen to like peanuts so I was pleased that they had brought this out.  Unfortunately you can only buy these from meetings or you can contact them via the website shop to order them, but I think you have to buy 3 boxes and not just one.  Each box usually costs £2.15.


I can't go to the meeting next week as I have a singing rehearsal that I have to go to (more info on this coming shortly in another post) so it will be another two weeks before I get weighed again.  Crossed fingers that it will be a good weight loss, I'm hoping for 3 or 4 lbs but I guess we will just have to wait and see. 

Here's to staying positive and on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment