Wednesday 8 February 2012

Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag

This is a beauty tag that has been doing the rounds on You Tube and after seeing Amarixe's tag (love her beauty channel as she gives great reviews on products) I thought that it would be quite fun to do. 

Below you will find the questions and answers to my Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty.


1. GREED:

What is your most inexpensive beauty item?

I would have to say that Vaseline is my cheapest beauty product which retails between £1 - £2.  I like the fact that the product is very versatile (especially the original formula) as I can use it on my lips, on my eye lashes to condition them as well as parts of the body that are dry or cracked.  It also works wonders in preventing Olivia from getting a rash on her chin/neck which can sometimes occur due to feeding.


What is your most expensive beauty item?

LiLash is probably the most expensive item that I have purchased.  It is an eye lash growth serum and I ordered mine from the States.  It was around $130 which is about £70 or £80.  I wanted to try and lengthen my lashes as unfortunately I am not blessed with gorgeous long lashes and I have seen a lot of positive reviews of this product on You Tube and thought I would give it a go.  You use the product at night and apply is like an eye liner to your top and bottom lashes (I just did the top).  Mine lasted for quite a while, I think 4 or 5 months and I am pleased to say that I did see a noticeable improvement in the length and condition of my lashes.  Sadly I didn't repurchase it as I couldn't justify spending that sort of money regularly on just my lashes (when you stop using the product your lashes will eventually go back to normal length on the next cycle).  However it is a brilliant product and I loved the effect that it had on my lashes.


2. WRATH:

What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?

So many people love this foundation and some are even as bold to call it one of their holy grail products.  Because of this I was desperate to try it as I too wanted gorgeous glowing skin like so many had claimed it gave them.  I have to agree that the first time I used this product my skin did look beautiful.  However over the next couple of days of wearing this my skin started to breakout in some red blemishes (no white heads - more like a raised rash) so I stopped using the product and my skin cleared up.  I have tried, on more than one occasion to try this product out again but the same thing happens.  To me the product feels quite oily on the skin, so I'm not sure if it is this that is causing a reaction.  All I know is that I love it the first time I wear it but then after that no so much.


What product has been the hardest to get?

There aren't any products which I have really struggled to find.  I am not someone who desperately goes searching for "that" lipstick from a collection, instead I just face the disappointed of missing out and hope that the product will be repromoted at some point.  I did however find Benefit's They're Real Mascara a challenge to get my hands on it.  There was so much hype about this product, especially as it had been released in the US before it had over here, so there was a massive buzz in the beauty community about it.  When it was first released in the UK it seemed to be going off the shelves like hot cakes and every wear I seemed to go didn't have it.  I decided to use up the large quantity of mascaras I already had in my collection first - even if I was slightly saddened by the prospect.  I was extremely pleased though when Christmas morning came around to see that my hubby had bought it for me.  I have been using it every day since and am loving the results it gives.  This is one product that for me, was worth the wait.


3. GLUTTONY:

What are your most delicious beauty products?

I find this question a little strange, especially as you don't tend to eat beauty products.  However I interpreted it as the beauty products that smell the most delicious.  I have two rivals for this category.  The first being any products by Bed Head as they smell just like sweets.  My favourite is Superstar, Queen for a Day Thickening Spray which you spray on to the roots of your hair when damp to inject some volume.  It smells like Starburst sweets and even lasts in you hair which is something that I love.


The second rival for this category is any products by Lush.  Their products would have to be some of my favourites and even though the smell can be quite over powering when you walk past their stores the scents of some of their products are to die for.  I especially love their lip scrubs (which you can eat and I take great pleasure in licking the product off my lips every time I use it) and my favourite is Mint Julips as it smells like Aftereight mints.  I also like any of their Vanilla scented products as this is one of my favourite scents of all time.


4. SLOTH:

What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?

When I was working I always used a Primer every day to ensure that my make-up stayed put, especially as I work long hours.  However since being on maternity leave this is one product that I often skip.  Unless I am going out for dinner and I want my skin to look flawless, I don't tend to use it.  Once the hotter weather comes around I will probably start to use it again, especially the Prep and Prime from Mac as it has an SPF 50.

5. PRIDE:

What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?

If I'm completely honest, having a complete made up face (not drag queen style though, more natural looking) gives me the most confidence.  But if I had to narrow it down to one product then I would say foundation because if my skin looks even and blemish free then I am happy.  I still love my Estee Lauder Sheer Tint Release and I am currently using this everyday.  However that doesn't really hide everything.  If I am going out for the evening, or at work and I want my skin to look flawless for a long time then I always reach for Mac's Select Moisture Cover in NW20.  It evens out my skintone perfectly and really makes me feel as though I have flawless skin (especially when blended with my fingers which I feel are the best tools for applying this product).  It's a product that I honestly couldn't not have in my collection and it's even the foundation that I wore on my wedding day.


6. LUST:

What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?

Again, I thought this question was a little odd as it's not beauty product related.  I thought it might be about the product that you most want to purchase and are lusting after, in which case I would have to say Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.  I have heard so many great things about this product and I really want to buy it, but I still have quite a lot left of my Sheer Tint Release and my Studio Fix Fluid so I am patiently waiting to use these up (or at least one of them) until I buy it.

In answer to the actual question though, I have interpreted it as physical attributes.  With this in mind I would have to say nice eyes (my hubby has really blue eyes which are gorgeous...I'm so jealous as I always wanted blue eyes) and nice shoulders/upper back especially with a tan.  And yes, hubby if you are reading this, I think you have very sexy shoulders/upper back.

7. ENVY:

What items would you most like to receive as a gift?

One beauty product that I rarely buy myself, and that is perfume.  The perfumes that I like tend to be on the pricey side (Chanel and Dior perfumes being my favourite), so usually I wait until my birthday or Christmas to ask for one.  Therefore this is the product that I most like to receive as a gift.  I think that there's nothing better than receiving a bottle of perfume which come in a pretty bottle and having it displayed on my dressing table.  I love to wear perfume and I have different signature scents depending on the seasons which always make me feel beautiful and put a smile on my face when I wear them.


So what are your Seven Deadly Sins of beauty?  Leave a comment telling me about yours and subscribe for future tag related posts.

2 comments:

  1. Love Vaseline! Love your blog, I'm following now :) Feel free to check out mine! Don't forget to enter my competition to win a pair of Motel Pamela Mann tights - perfect for any Valentines Day outfit!

    Laura x
    Petit Chatons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I'm loving lip balms in tins in general at the moment especially tinted ones. I've subscribed to your blog too - looks fab x

      Delete