Sunday 12 February 2012

Clarins Double Fix Mascara - Product Rave

Do you have a favourite mascara that you wish was waterproof? 

For some reason and I don't know why, but waterproof mascaras just don't work on my lashes.  I often find them very difficult to remove and I end up causing more lashes to fall out from repeatedly rubbing them with makeup remover.  Plus they don't seem to hold the curl in my lashes for very long.  Perhaps I need to find a different make-up remover or perhaps I just haven't found the right waterproof mascara. 

I have found the perfect alternative and it is a product that I have used for years, and that is Clarins Double Fix Mascara.


Clarins Double Fix Mascara is a clear gel like formula that you apply just like a mascara over your usual mascara or it can even be applied alone.  This product is multi-talented though as you can even use it as a brow groomer.  It leaves your lashes looking glossy and ensures that your mascara stays put and you don't get any smudges throughout the day. 

This product has been well and truly tested over the years, so I know that it works (for me at least).  I was first introduced to this product in 2003 when my Nan passed away.  My cousin had it on her and said that no matter how much I cried, my mascara would stay put, and believe me I cried my heart out that day and yet my mascara didn't budge.  I have been swimming in pools and the sea whilst wearing this product and I even wore it on my wedding day, and once again this product did not lot me down.  My eyes also tend to water, especially during the cold/windy weather, but I know that if I wear this product I don't have to worry.

The packaging isn't my favourite as it is a hard tube and it doesn't allow you to see how much product you have left which is a little annoying.  The old style packaging used to resemble a toothpaste tube which meant that it could be squeezed to ensure that every bit of product was used.  I don't know why they changed the packaging, but I wish that they hadn't.  As it is a clear gel, it does discolour over time especially if applied over other coloured mascaras and although it doesn't make the product look very nice, it doesn't stop it from working.

Priced at £16, there may be a waterproof mascara that works for you and is much cheaper.  However if you are like me and have a favourite mascara that isn't waterproof, then this might be the product for you.  I know that until I can find a waterproof mascara that works, I will continue to buy Clarins Double Fix Mascara.

Please subscribe if you would like to see more product reviews in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment