Wednesday 22 February 2012

Finally a new phone - Introducing the iPhone 4S

I've had my current phone (iPhone 3GS which I love) ever since it was released in the UK in 2009.  To be honest I didn't really need a new phone as mine still looked brand new (I always ensured that it was kept in a case when I had it in my bag), and my phone had the latest software from updating it with itunes.  Did I really need a new one?  Probably not, although there's now was two small cracks appearing at the base of the phone where you put the charger in, plus I was able to get an upgrade so why not.

On phoning O2 I was told that I would have to pay £100 for the latest iPhone 4S (a price that I was not willing to pay).  I knew I could get the phone free for the same amount I am currently paying so I said those all important words "I'd like to cancel my contract".  I quickly got transferred to a young guy (in fact I have no idea how old he was, he just sounded young and unfortunately I can't remember his name) who asked why I wanted to leave.  I said that the sales team had said that I would have to pay for the phone to upgrade and I knew I could get it free else where (or words to that effect) and he simply replied "let me see what I can do...I have more flexibility with what we can offer".  The guy certainly did, as within minutes I had agreed to a new contract staying with them for 24 months (paying the same that I am right now) and obtaining the phone I wanted for free - Woo hoo!  I probably could have paid less each month or had a shorter contract, but to be honest I was more than happy with the arrangement. 

I was told the phone would be delivered within 2-3 working days.  So imagine my surprise when less than 24 hours later the phone arrived on my door step. Huge happy face :)

Now I know everyone has probably seen this phone plenty of times and perhaps you even have it, but just in case here's mine. 




The phone was easy to install.  I just connected it to my existing itunes and synced all the data.  I haven't played around with all the new features just yet but I currently am loving the Sky Go app which allows me to watch movies and sport on my phone and the new camera allows me to take even better quality photos of Olivia which for me is really important as she seems to be growing up so quickly that I want to capture every moment.  iCloud is also a great feature as it allows you to back up all the information of your phone as well as syncing it to your computer via wifi - very handy.

I should also state that over the last three years O2 have been great and I have never experienced any problems with them.  That isn't to say that you won't, just that so far they have been very good for me.

As a treat, I bought myself a new case for my phone (plus my previous case was rather dirty).  I looked at so many different ones on line and to start with I considered buying a hard case, but to be honest I really liked my old case which was a pouch.  I saw the following one in the Cath Kidston store in Bluewater and I couldn't resist it, I thought it was so cute.  It is made of oil cloth so it can easily be wiped down if it gets dirty.  They do different prints but I chose the Victoria Rose phone case which was £15 (must cheaper than other phone cases I had seen which were about £25).  I also liked the strap (which is used to remove the phone) as it fastens over the top of your phone with velcro, so it can't come out.


What phone do you currently have?  It seems to be that you are either a Blackberry fan or an iPhone fan.  What are you?  It is quite clear that I am an iPhone fan and I can't see myself changing any time soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment