Monday 6 February 2012

My Weekend

This weekend we didn't really do that much which surprisingly was really nice.  Saturday consisted of us all having a lie in which was most needed.  Then whilst Phil was keeping Olivia occupied I was able to have a nice long shower, wash my hair and slowly get myself ready.  With my parents, Grandpa and In-laws we all decided to meet at our local country pub for lunch (something that we haven't done in a while) and it was really nice for everyone to be together.  We are very lucky as our local are not opposed to children being present which is great for us, but Olivia was such a good girl that no one really noticed she was there.  They even helped us to prepare her bottle (unlike other places that wouldn't even give us hot water - instead we had to buy a cup of tea and ask for the T-bag on the side just so we could heat her bottle).  


After a couple of hours with Phil trying to watch part of the rugby (Italy v Scotland I think - I have no idea what the final score was) we took a quick stroll back home as it was freezing.  The rest of the afternoon consisted of my sister-in-law and her boyfriend looking after Olivia whilst Phil and I went food shopping (oh the joys of married life).  The weather forecast heavy snow over the weekend and it was so busy in Salisbury's that people were acting as though the world was going to end with so many people panic buying.  The same thing happens every year when they forecast snow...suddenly the country can't cope and everything goes into shut down mode. 

Once home, we all curled up on the sofa and watched the film "Just Go With It" staring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston.  Surprisingly it was a really good film, although it was more of a watch or TV rather than pay to go to the cinema sort of film but it certainly made us all have those laugh out loud moments which was great especially as there isn't normally anything good to watch on Saturday evenings.  We must sound like such a boring couple - staying in on a Saturday night, but that's the reality of having a child as you can't go out as much or you just don't want to.  I don't mind, with the weather being so cold at the moment I'm more than happy to stay wrapped up in the warm, plus I know it won't be forever.  Once Olivia reaches half term (which is only next week - woo hoo!) we are going to start putting her in her own room plus arrange for a couple of nights out and the Grandparents are going to babysit - this should then allow us a little more freedom - we shall see!

On to Sunday and what a beautiful morning to wake up and see SNOW.


Not a great picture I know but this was taken at 6.30 am on my camera phone.  As predicted we received about 5-10cm of snow which made everything look as though it had been sprinkled with icing.  Unfortunately we didn't have any more throughout the day and we didn't really want to take Olivia out in it (can't wait for next year when she'll be able to play in it and build snowmen) so we battled down the hatches and stayed in doors.  Usually this would make us feel some what claustrophobic not being able to go out (especially Phil) but it was actually nice.   Phil has a lie-in and I completed my exercise DVD which made me feel really energised (but I'm certainly feeling it today, although I'm not as bad as I was the last time I completed it).  I made a large ratatouille for dinner with chicken and rice and we spent quality time together as a family whilst watching "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" (the first Pirates is my favourite though but this one was still good).

So that was my weekend.  I wish the snow had come last night as Phil might have been able to have the day off work but unfortunately his school is open as normal today so he had to go in.  Olivia is currently asleep and I'm about to wake her up and get her washed and dressed.  I'm off to Weight Watchers tonight so I'll up date how I have done tomorrow.  Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment