Tuesday 21 February 2012

Dear Beauty... 3 Months Old

Dear Beauty,

Time is going by so fast.  I can't believe that you are 3 months old today.  It seems like it was only yesterday that I found out I was pregnant and that my life would change - for the better.  I love being a mum, and I never knew I could love someone so much (besides your daddy and our family of course).  You are my absolute world and I would do anything for you.

Olivia on the day she was born

On the 21st November at 9.56 am (after a rather long labour) you decided to enter into our lives weighing 8 lbs 10 oz.  Since that moment when I first held you in my arms, I have never wanted to protect someone so much, and I will continue to protect you every day for the rest of your life.  On that very first day, even though I had only just laid eyes on you, I knew you.  We have a special bond like no other, and we always will.

I'm sure every parent says this about their child, but Olivia, you truly are perfect.  You are such a happy and contented baby, your daddy and I couldn't wish for anything more.  Every time you smile at me my heart melts and I look forward to what every new day brings. 


I only have 4 months left before I have to go back to work full time.  It makes me sad to think about it, as I'm afraid of what I will miss out on when I am not around.  Luckily I go back to school for 3 weeks and then we break up for the summer holidays, so at least daddy and I will have 6 weeks off with you.  But I know that every day that I am away from you will be such a struggle.  To be honest I don't want any one to know you more than me.  I am your mummy and I should be the one that is there for you.  The only consolation is that at least Nanny and Grandma will be looking after you whilst I am at work, so I know that you will be in safe hands.  Plus know that every day that I am away from you, you will always be in my thoughts.



On a more positive note, at least I do still have 4 months off with you, some parents aren't as lucky.  Seeing just how much you have changed over the last 3 months, I can't wait to see how much you will develop over the next 3.  When will you start crawling, or start eating solids?  Will your eyes stay blue or turn brown like mine.  Who knows.  But I will enjoy every minute of you changing and discovering new things.


When you were born, I was so overcome with emotions.  Wondering whether or not I would be a good mother and how I would know what to do.  Some times I surprise myself when instinctively I know what to do, especially if you are crying.  As every day passes, it has become easier and being a mum has begun to feel more natural.  It's hard to imagine what my life was like before you were born and to be honest I wouldn't want my life any other way.  I feel as though you have always been with us and as everyday passes I feel so blessed that you are a part of my life.



To my beautiful baby girl, I love you with all my heart and always will.

...With Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment