Thursday 23 February 2012

Clothing/Shoe Haul for Olivia

I can't believe how fast Olivia is growing, soon she will be out of her 0-3 months clothes and will be in her 3-6 month ones.  I was really lucky to have a girl as my sister (who has two girls) gave me lots of baby clothes so a part from a few items, I didn't have to buy a lot.  Before Olivia was born I went through all the clothes I was given and I divided them into ages and separated them into different boxes (this also kept me busy whilst I was on maternity leave).  There was enough clothes to fill three large plastic boxes which was amazing.  Recently I had forgotten what I had been given so I went through all the boxes and completed a checklist (like an inventory) of everything I had been given so that I knew how many dresses, trousers etc I had and what I still needed to get.

One thing you need to know is that all the following items (except one) were bought from Next.  I adore the children's clothes from Next and I often buy clothes for work from there too.  The clothes always wash really well and they last which is really important to me.  There might be other shops that you could buy cheaper clothes from but I don't think that the prices are extortionate and you can often pick up some brilliant bargains in their sales (which they always seem to have).

One thing that I didn't have was shoes.  I know you have to be careful about what you put on babies feet as they can damage the development of them but this is more important once they start walking.  I had bought lots of socks and had been given a couple of pairs of booties but it has been driving me mad that as soon as you put them on, Olivia manages to take them off.  I wanted a pair of soft pram shoes that would prevent socks from coming off and would stay on her feet.  This is what I found and I am over the moon.

Pram Shoes by Next £8.50
I think these shoes are so adorable.  They are made of soft leather with a soft padded bottom for the foot.  They have a strap which is attached by velcro which means that they are easy to put on as well as staying secure on the foot (no more losing booties - hooray!)  I decided to get two pairs as I thought the white would go with most outfits and I have quite a few pink outfits that the pink ones would go with also.  They are also so cute that I just couldn't help myself.  These are in 3-6 months but they also do them in sizes up to 18 months, and I thought they were quite reasonably priced.

Currently Olivia has been wearing a lot of leggings and tops which have proven to be extremely practical for during the day (as well as for changing her bottom in emergencies) and so I wanted to find some in the next size up.  The following pictures show two outfits (purchased as sets) which are both coral/pink and consist of leggings with a longer top and I thought they were both really pretty.  Olivia was also born with a lot of hair, which has been growing rapidly (she may need a haircut very soon) and I was able to buy matching hairbands which are fastened with velcro to wear with these outfits.

Two Piece Jersey Set £12 

Two Piece Jersey Set £12

Jersey Hairbands Two Pack £4.50
The following outfit is one that you don't need to wear a pair of shoes with and that's because the leggings have feet attached.  I really like pastel clothes and Mamas and Papas always seem to have a good range.  I thought this was a really pretty outfit and although the clothes are slightly more expensive than Nexts, they are still quite reasonable.

2 Piece Jersey Set - Approx £22
 The next dress was part of the Winter collection from Next so I'm not sure if you can get it any more but I thought it would be perfect for Sunday lunches out etc.  The dress is a corduroy material so it is quite warm, which is perfect for the cold weather we are having at the moment.  It also came with a long sleeve vest which is great as it means it can be mixed with other dresses and not just this one.
Cord Dress by Next Originally £18
Something that I don't think you can have enough of and that are sleep-suits or baby-grows.  Whatever you prefer to call them.  I already had a few of these (some which my sister gave me and a couple given as gifts) but I wanted to get some more.  Most places offer sets and I thought this pack of three suits were adorable.  Nexts current collection seems to consist of quite a lot of pinks/coral/orange colours which I happen to quite like but I know it's not for everyone.

Cat Sleepsuits Three Pack £14-£15
The final item that I bought was this dress from Next.  I bought it in the size 6-9 months as I thought it would be lovely for Olivia during the Summer months as it is a light weight cotton.  Plus it can be paired with a white cardigan if it slightly cooler.  

Dress by Next £12

I am always on the look out for things for Olivia and I know that when the sales next come round I'll be buying a few things that she can wear for this time next year so that I can start stocking up on the basics.

As children grow out of clothing and shoes so quickly I know that it is important to not get carried away with buying everything I see but perhaps I can get just a few things - just don't tell the hubby!

If you would like to see more posts about hauls for Olivia, then please subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment