Tuesday 13 March 2012

March Glossybox - The Harrods Edition

Last month I posted that Glossybox had included a card advertising a mystery box for this month.  You had to go on to their site and use the letters they gave you as a clue to work out what the box was.  I had mentioned that I thought the box might be designer - well I was wrong as the box was in fact Harrods. 

If you are unfamiliar to Glossybox, then you can look at my previous January and February posts for more information or click here to be taken to the Glossybox website.

Rather than the usual dusty pink box, this months box was white with The Harrods Edition written on the front.  You were also given an Age-Defying Skincare brochure which gives advice on how to care for your skin depending on your age.


As usual, inside the box you have a card that gives the details of all the products included.  However this time they do not tell you how much the full size would cost and how much product you get.  This is a little annoying but I guess it is a great marketing ploy as it forces you to go on to their website to find out.  The card also includes a discount code of 20% of selected beauty products at Harrods.com
.

The packaging inside also continued the Harrods theme by including a green ribbon with gold lettering and a Harrods sticker to seal the paper.


Inside, on first glance I was genuinely quite excited about the products.  Although I was a little disappointed to see that there wasn't any full sized products (usually you get at least one).


1. Ojon - Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum £16 / 25ml: 



This is described as being a weightless, highly concentrated serum which helps to restore brilliant shine and softness to dull, damaged hair. You warm one to two drops in the palms of your hands and apply to either damp or dry hair concentrating on the ends. It can be used daily before heat styling or as a finishing touch. I haven't yet tried this on my hair but this is the product that I was most excited about as I have very long/coloured hair and I like to use either a hair oil or serum on the end to protect them. I have a few to use up but once I have tried this I will let you know.

 2. Fendi - Fan Di Fendi Eau de Toilette £35 / 30ml:


I am always disappointed when I receive a perfume sample, firstly because I think perfume is a very personal choice and I love my Chanel and Dior perfumes and very rarely stray from them.  Secondly, because often you can get free perfume samples from counters.  This sample however was nicer than previous ones as it came in a beautiful miniature version of the full size.  The only downfall for me is that the lid is the stopper and I am always frightened of spilling perfumes like this (I once knocked over and spilt a whole bottle of Eternity by Calvin Klein when I was younger - very frustrating).  I much prefer a spray bottle as it's easier to apply and carry around in your bag. 
The perfume is described as a luminous floral fragrance, radiant with sunlight and leaving a lasting impression of light Roman leather on the skin.  I haven't yet tried it on my skin, but I agree that it does have a light floral scent and I think this would be lovely for spring/summer, although it's not something that I'd prefer to wear instead of my current perfumes.

3. Clarins - Extra-Firming Body Cream £39.50 / 200ml:


I could not find this product (or any Clarins products) on the Harrods website.  The price listed above was actually from the John Lewis website.  I'm not sure as to whether or not you can buy Clarins in store but it is rather odd that it isn't on their website which leads me to think that this might be an extra product that Glossybox decided to include.  Or perhaps Harrods are planning on including Clarins in the future. 
This product is described as a formula rich in regenerating and firming plant extracts which immediately helps to lift and tone, for firmer skin and a younger looking body.  I'm always quite skeptical about whether products like this one actually do what they claim to do.  But as I've recently had a baby, my skin could certainly do with a little firming so I'm more than happy to give this product a try to see if it works - fingers crossed!

4. Burberry Beauty - Miniature Lip Cover, Rosewood No4 £23 / 3.8g:

I was really pleased to receive this product as lip products in general are probably my favourite makeup item.  The lipstick is a complete miniature of the regular product and as you can see from the picture the lipstick is even embossed with the trademark Burberry print (so is the lipstick case but as it is reflective the picture doesn't show it).  Described as a soft satin lipstick that offers intense moisture and luminous long-lasting colour. Combining oils and light waxes, the super light formula is easy to apply and contains anti-aging ceramides for fuller lips.   This product is certainly very smooth on application and feels very moisturising on the lips.  The consistency reminds me of the Cremesheen lipsticks from Mac.  The colour is a deep berry stain and complements my dark hair and eyes, however it is a colour that I would be more prone to wearing on a night out.  However you can apply it lightly for a sheerer coverage if you wish for a day time look.  This certainly is a luxury product and one that would look very stylish in any makeup bag, but I am reluctant to purchase a full sized product as there are so many comparable lipsticks at a fraction of the cost.  But if it was bought for me as a present, I wouldn't say no!


5. Erno Laszlo - The Hollywood Collection: 5 Piece Cream Gift Set:


I had never heard of this product before so I went on to the Harrods website as I was intrigued to find out more. However once again, I could not find the brand. However on doing a bit of research I was able to find out some information. This Hollywood Collection is to celebrate 85 years of Erno Laszlo.  Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and Madonna are just a few of the Hollywoods finest who have been huge advocates of this revoluntionary skincare and there is a store in Covent Garden where you can purchase the products. Dr Erno Laszlo was a Hungarian dermatologist who, back in 1927, started the company that went on to become a worldwide sensation. At first, the Erno Laszlo institute would only treat those who came via recommendation, thus assuring its exclusivity. Now, however, anyone can enjoy the benefits of Laszlo’s skin-boosting systems, from their classic Black Sea Mud soap to luxury spa treatments that target anti-ageing, brightening and problem skin.  So perhaps Harrods are about to launch this product in their stores too.
This sample pack contains Morning Beauty Rescue, Refresh Moisture Infusion, Instant Eye Repair, Intensive Porcelain Veil and Velvet Night Cream.  I'm not sure what all of the products claim to do but you can click here to go to their website.
As you know, I love my Liz Earle skincare products but I might just have to give these products a try.  I just hope that I don't like them too much as I doubt I will be able to afford the price tag as the US website has the items ranged from $85 to $175. 

A little tip - if you have samples in a sachet make a hole using a safety pin so you can squeeze out a small amount at a time ands then seal with some sellotape afterwards this ensures that you don't waste any of the product and so they last longer and don't expire.

Initial impression:

I'm really pleased with my box this month, and I'm happy with all of the products, especially with the hair oil.  The only thing I am slightly disappointed with is the perfume sample which I feel you can get over the counter anyway, but other than that I think this months box was a great edition and I look forward to future limited edition boxes that Glossybox do.

No comments:

Post a Comment