Thursday 15 March 2012

Mac Haul - Tendertone Lip Balms

When I first started watching beauty related Youtube videos almost 3 years ago, I remember gurus mentioning Mac Tendertones and how great they were.  They are a lip conditioner that combines the look of a gloss and the conditioning benefits of a balm with SPF 12 sun protection. It also has a really lovely strawberry-kiwi flavour.  Over the last two summers I have been paying attention to the Mac collections in hope that they would once again be re-released.  I was so excited to find out that this year they were to be re-promoted in the Cook Mac collection (currently out now). There's four different lip balms within the collection and there was two that I really wanted to get - Tread Gently and Hush Hush.

The day after they had been released I went to my nearest Mac counter.  I should have known better really as when I arrived (as soon as the store had opened) I was told that they had already sold out of all of them.  I could have kicked myself as I knew that they would be popular as they hadn't been released in over two years and they are limited edition, but I was still surprised that all of them had sold out on the first day.

During a quick coffee break I checked their website on my phone as the shop assistant had told me I could still get them on-line.  One again I was disappointed to see that they had all sold out except for Purring (the orange one) which I didn't really want to get (but now wish I had).  I thought I would try the mail order number, just in case they still had some and luckily for me they did.

I wasn't able to get Hush Hush which was the one I wanted the most out of all of them.  But I was able to get Tread Gently and Hot 'n' Saucy, so overall I was really pleased.

The packaging is cute and consists of a pink and white check pattern. This is the outer sleeve only as inside it is just a white box.


The lip balms are in similar containers to Mac's Paint Pots with a screw top lid.  The glass container is also see-through so you can see how much product you have left and they are small enough to carry around with you.


Tread Gently is a soft lime green with yellow pearl and gives a lovely sheer gloss to the lips.



Hot 'n' Saucy is a soft cherry red and is the only Tendertone that gives a more pigmented look to the lips - perfect for adding a wash of colour for a quick pick me up without needing a mirror.



Do you like Tendertones or have you had difficulty in finding them?  I really like some of the Mac collections, but it is frustrating when so many are limited edition.  Then again, I guess that's partly the desire, as the products are more exclusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment