Tuesday 31 January 2012

WW Update - Week 3

I hate to say it but I was a coward this week as I didn't go and get weighed.  :(

I've really struggled this week - Olivia has been extremely unsettled during the nights and has been awake from 3.30am onwards so I've been very tired.  Because of that I've been reaching for quick fixes during the day for energy and I've not been choosing the most healthiest of options or recorded what I have eaten.  We also ate at Nandos again (this habit has got to stop) as well as having a Chinese takeaway and unfortunately I didn't hold back or even think about the points of what I was eating (it was very yummy though and I haven't eaten a proper Chinese since before I was pregnant).

Last night came around and I probably did the worst thing you can do before being weighed and that was to weigh myself.  To my horror it appeared as though I hadn't lost any weight and that I may have put on 1/2 lb.  For me, I didn't want to go and get weighed and have it recorded that I had put on  - it may not make sense to others but for me it's a psychological thing.  I want to keep imagining that I am loosing weight and I didn't want it to affect my progress if I had put weight on.

So I didn't go.  Bad I know as some would same that I'm avoiding reality and as I'm in control of what I eat I should face those dreaded scales no matter what they say.  But I must admit that this morning I feel so much better and I'm so glad that I didn't go as it's a new week and a fresh start. 

This week I'm going to try and ensure that I go back to basics and record everything that I eat and think before I reach for certain foods (chocolate mostly) and hopefully next week will show a more positive outcome for me.

Wish me luck!  If you want to know more about my weight loss journey then please subscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment