Tuesday 17 January 2012

WW Update + Sleep

I went to Weight Watchers last night to have my first weigh-in to see how much I had lost.  I'm pleased to say that I managed to lose 5 1/2 lbs.  I was so pleased as I had been really good over the last week and made sure that I tracked everything that I ate.  I know some people might find that quite tedious having to write everything down but for me it allows me to see how much I'm eating and ensure that I stay on track and not exceed my points allowance.  I was surprised that I managed to cope with planning out what I was eating, especially as Olivia's routine isn't quite settled just yet but each day I made sure that I knew what I was having so that I didn't just raid the cupboards and snack as I had been doing.  Instead I made sure that I was eating proper meals especially at lunch time.

Overall the whole class did really well loosing collectively over 8 stone in weight in just one week which is amazing.  One gentlemen even lost an outstanding 13 lbs in his first week.  I'm not deluded though - as I have been to Weight Watchers before I know that the you usually lose the most during your first week and then the weight loss settles down to anything from 1/2 lb to 2 or even 3 lbs.  Although it might take longer to lose the weight this way, I do know that it will stay off in the long run and at the end of the day that's what I want.

So I'm extremely positive about the week ahead of me and hope that over the next few weeks I really will be on the way to a slimmer me.

SLEEP UPDATE:  A quick update on how Olivia is doing during the nights.  Well, I wasn't able to repeat the 5.30 am wake up but she did get close a few times by waking at around 4 am.  Last night however she was back to waking at 2.30 am and in the end I fed her at about 3.20 am and then she went straight back off to sleep until 7 am this morning.  Yesterday she definitely seemed a lot more tired during the day and tended to nap for longer and I think this was probably why she woke up earlier during the night.  Over the weekend my husband and I tried to keep her up more during the day and although this meant that she did sleep better at night, she was quite grouchy and overtired at times during the day.  So at the moment I'm not really sure what to do for the best.  She was so tired yesterday (probably as a result of the weekend) that I let her sleep as she's growing and needs it, so I think I'm going to take it from her lead and let her sleep if she wants to. 

At the end of the day as a first time mum it really is trial and error and I think that waking once in the night isn't bad at all and she is such a happy and contented baby that I must be doing something right!

No comments:

Post a Comment