Thursday 26 January 2012

WW Update

This week on Monday I went to get weighed.  I wasn't feeling very positive about it as I had eaten out twice during the week, once at a local pub and the second at Nandos (loving their new Mango and Lime flavoured chicken by the way).  I also was having that second week itch where I knew I wanted to lose weight but I also wanted to eat all the things that I shouldn't. 

So I went to the meeting and stepped on to those dreaded scales only to be told that I had lost 3 lbs.  To say I was shocked was an understatement - I was so pleased!  That means that in two weeks I have lost 8.5 lbs - quite an  achievement if I do say so myself.  Realising that I had lost weight even though I still ate out has really spurred me on this week and I feel much more positive.  I did have a bad day yesterday as all I wanted to eat was rubbish but instead I stuck to my points and still had a Rich Toffee Chocolate bar from Weight Watchers (love these, plus they are only 2 points) to satisfy my chocolate fix and I have to say it worked.  I also fancied some crisps - so I had French Fries which are also 2 points for a pack.  I guess that's what I love about Weight Watchers - the fact that I can eat "naughty" foods which my points allow for.  Plus under the new Pro Points system you can include an additional 49 points for the week and it's up to you as to whether you use them in one day, perhaps for a meal out or divide them up and use some each day.  I try not to use mine, but save them just in case we go out for dinner on the spur of the moment - that way I don't feel guilty.

Along with following Weight Watchers, I am also trying to exercise more and take regular walks around my local park each day with Olivia in her pram.  I have also bought a couple of Post-Pregnancy Workout DVDs and I'll review these after I have been using them for a while to give my thoughts on them.

For now...on with the diet and fingers crossed for another successful weigh-in on Monday.  If you want to know more about my weight loss journey then please subscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment